You can manually start, extend or end unscheduled classes, or manually start a scheduled class early, or change its end time.
Starting a class
- On the My Classes dashboard, select the relevant class tile.
- On the class toolbar, select Start Class.
- The Start Classwize session dialog will appear. Select the Session ends at drop-down to set the new end time.
- Select Start.
The session will start immediately and the Class until button will appear on the toolbar.
Changing the session’s duration
You can change the duration of an unscheduled class session by setting an earlier or a later end time.
- In Classroom View, select Class until on the toolbar. The Edit Classwize session dialog will appear.
- Select the new time on the In session until: drop-down. You can also type your preferred time in 5-minute intervals.
- Select Save. The session’s duration will now end at the new time.
Ending a class
You can manually end an unscheduled class even if it has already started. To end a local class early:
- Select the In session until button on the Class Toolbar.
- On the Edit Classwize session dialog, select End Now.
The session will immediately end and will remain inactive until you start or schedule a class.
Can I start or extend a session outside school hours?
You can only start, extend, or end a session within the hours set by your school or district. For example, if your school has set the hours from 08:00 to 16:00 as school time, then you can only start, schedule, or extend a class within these hours.
The hours when you can start or extend sessions are configured by your school’s IT administrator in School Manager. Speak to your school’s IT administrator if you need to run sessions outside normal school hours.
I added the wrong class schedules. Can I still change them?
You can change scheduled classes by going to Class Settings, then selecting the Scheduling tab. To edit your scheduled classes:
- select the X next to the schedule, or
- select a new Start Time, or
- select a new End Time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.