The Class-Ready YouTube feature minimizes distraction by opening Youtube videos in full-screen.
- When students view YouTube videos in full screen:
- suggested video thumbnails and links will be hidden while the video is playing
- students can’t see or post comments
- students can’t like or dislike Youtube videos
- settings for subtitles, autoplay, viewing options, download, clip, save to playlist, report, and transcript will be hidden.
Students can still turn on subtitles; pause, play, rewind or fast-forward the video; and adjust the video’s volume.
Class-Ready Youtube will not display private videos or videos that publishers have set as private. This feature will only show videos that are (1) public or unlisted and (2) allowed for embedding in other pages.
Opening YouTube in Full-Screen Mode
You can open YouTube videos in full-screen mode for students using the Open Site or Open Tab functionality.
- While the class is active or in session, you can open Youtube URLs in full-screen mode by going to any of the following:
- Class Tools > Open Site
- Student Tile > Open Tab
- Student Tile > Live View > Open Site.
- On the Open a site for your class dialog, enter the URL of the Youtube video you want the students to view.
- The dialog will detect the Youtube URL. Toggle ON Open in Full Screen Mode.
- Select OPEN SITE.
Compatibility with Classwize features
|Class-Ready Youtube is compatible with these Classwize features:||Class-Ready Youtube is NOT compatible with these features|
I get the "This video is private" message.
Class Ready Youtube will not show private Youtube videos. Publishers have to invite users by email to view the videos that they have set as private.
The video is public, but my student gets the "Video unavailable" screen.
It means that the video's publisher does not allow sharing of their videos on other pages.
To make the video visible to your students, do either of the following:
- Toggle off Open in Full Screen Mode, then select OPEN SITE.
- Ask your student to select the Watch on Youtube link provided on the alert. The browser will show the video in normal view on Youtube.