About Screenshot History Report
The Classwize Screenshot History Report lets you generate and download screenshots taken of your students’ browsing history. Screenshots appear on the report 30 seconds after being taken, and are captured in 10-second intervals, or each time a student views another tab.
The Screenshot History Report captures your student’s browsing history only while they are in an active Classwize class. You can view screenshots of your students’ browsing history that were taken from any active classes they were in over the past 14 days, even if those classes are run by other teachers.
The Screenshots History Report is currently available on Linewize Connect for Chrome and Windows. It’s currently not available for students using Connect on macOS.
Screenshot History Report has to be enabled for your school by Linewize Support.
Generating a student’s Screenshot History Report
- In Classwize, open a class the student is enrolled in.
- On the class toolbar, select REPORTS > Screenshot History.
- On the Screenshot History dialog that appears:
- Select the student’s name from the Select a Student dropdown.
- Select a time period on the date picker.
- To select a previous day, select its date and then select the start time. Next, select the date again followed by the end time. Selecting All Day will include all screenshots taken on the selected day.
- To select a range of days (for example: 5 consecutive days or 2 weeks), select the start date first, followed by the end date.
- To generate a report from the current day, leave the date picker on the default date (Today).
- Select Apply.
- Select Search. The student’s Screenshot History Report will appear on the Screenshot History panel.
Understanding the Screenshot History Report
Screenshot History Data
The Screenshot History Report includes data designed to help you find the screenshots you’re looking for by sorting them according to:
- Date: The date (and time) the screenshot was taken
- Activity: For students using Connect for Chrome, Screenshot History will show the URLs or domains of the sites that they visited. For students using Connect for Windows, Screenshot History will show the domains of all open tabs. It will also include non-browsing activities, like opening desktop applications.
- Duration: The amount of time that the student spent on the page or URL.
Screenshot History Report for Chrome
Screenshot History Report for Windows
If you selected a date range, the Screenshot History Report will organize the report by date. If you selected a day, Screenshots History Report will display all the screenshots in descending order (newest to oldest). You can also sort the report by column in ascending or descending order.
Screenshots are Different Between Device Types
Screenshots differ depending on the version of Connect that your student uses.
- Connect for Chrome or Chromebook: Screenshots only show the contents of the student’s browser.
- Connect for Windows: Screenshots show the student’s full desktop, including browsing (e.g. watching Youtube videos) and non-browsing (e.g. opening a Word document) activities, and desktop toolbars, widgets, and menus.
- Select View to show the student’s screenshot collection.
- On the Screenshot Collection dialog:
- Select the Time Stamp to preview the screenshot that Classwize captured at that specific time.
- Select Open in Full Screen to display the screenshot in full screen.
- Select Download Screenshots.zip to download the collection of related screenshots into your local folder.
- Unzip the downloaded screenshots. See the steps for unzipping files in Windows, Chromebook, Mac.
- Open a file in the unzipped folder to view the screenshot.
How long does it take for Screenshot History to generate the report?
It can take a few seconds to create the report depending on the number of screenshots that have to be generated and the time period covered by the report. If you encounter delays in generating the Screenshots History, try selecting a shorter time period or refreshing your browser. If it’s still taking a long time, contact your school’s IT support.
What timeframe does the Report cover?
Screenshot History Report keeps screenshots of a student’s browsing history from the past 14 days, including the current day. New screenshots appear on the report within 30 seconds.
Is Screenshot History available on all device types?
The Screenshot History Report is currently available for schools whose students use Connect for Chrome, Chromebook, or Windows. A Connect for macOS version is in development.
I don’t have access to Screenshots History.
The Screenshot History Report is an optional Classwize feature. Your school may not have given you access to it. Please contact your school’s IT support for assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.