This article is intended for users with the Classroom Ed-Tech Manager permission.
This article explains how you can set up and manage manually created classrooms. It also discusses recommended naming conventions and troubleshooting steps.
Before creating any classrooms, we recommend agreeing on a standardized naming convention. This can help easily identify each classroom, especially in larger schools. We recommend using a format similar to the one below:
[Year] - [Term] - [Grade] - [Subject Name] [Class Number]
2024 - Term 1 - Grade 5 - English 2
Manually Creating a Classroom
- Go to Configuration > Classwize > Classrooms.
- Select Add Classroom.
- Select a Name, then select Add.
- Select the classroom that you've just created. If you have made a mistake with the classroom name, delete the classroom and create it again.
- Add a Teacher (Required). This will allow the teacher to see the classroom on their Classwize Dashboard.
If you don’t add a teacher, they cannot see the classroom in Classwize.
- Add the Students (Optional). If you don’t add students here, the Teacher will be able to add them in Classwize manually or using invite codes.
You will be able to see the Schedules or Policies created by Teachers of the classroom but cannot edit them from this page. These can be edited within Classwize.
- When you are ready, select Save.
Manually Created Classrooms
Changes to manually created classrooms should be made using Classwize. You can edit students, teachers, scheduling and invite codes in Classwize without having to recreate the class. IT administrators can log into Classwize as a teacher to change scheduling.
I can’t edit the classroom Schedules or Policies within School Manager
You can only edit the Teachers and Students for the classroom within School Manager. To edit the Schedules or Policies, you must open the classroom in Classwize or upload a CSV file with a schedule to the School Manager.
I can’t change the classroom name from School Manager.
If you manually created a classroom, delete and remake the class.